Amazon Web Services is the global market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team in Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL), you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the ‘Cloud Ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team in India helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT Amazon?
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
· Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs.
· Interact with leading engineers around the world.
· Partner with Amazon teams in India to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
· Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal Amazon teams in India on how to improve our services.
· Drive customer communication during critical events.
· Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
· Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
· Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
A day in the life
· First and foremost this is a customer support role – in The Cloud.
· On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
· Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives to ensure better CX and compliance with global AWS standards, practices and policies.
· Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
· Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AISPL, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
· Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
· AWS Premium Support is 24/7/365 operations and shift work will be required in afternoon i.e. 1 PM to 10 PM IST
This Analytics role supports our services that focus on Analytics technologies, including Kinesis, Elasticsearch, Cloudsearch, and Redshift.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
· Requires minimum of 1+ yrs experience in relevant technical position
· · Exposure to Database Fundamentals and General Troubleshooting (tuning and optimization, deadlocks, keys, normalization) in any Relational Database Engines (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLServer) OR exposure to search services fundamentals and troubleshooting (indices and JVMMemory analysis and CPU utilization) for key open source products like Elasticsearch and Solr OR exposure to streaming services like Kafka / Kinesis.
· · Experience in Business Analytics application, support, and troubleshooting concepts
· · Experience with System Administration and troubleshooting with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory)
· Experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, OSI model, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, URL or related)
§ Experience in a customer support environment
§ Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions to technical issues
§ Familiar with data warehousing and ETL process
§ Understanding of Cloud Computing concepts
§ Expertise in Data warehouse (example Redshift, Teradata, Exadata or Snowflake) OR expertise in search services products like Elasticsearch / Solr OR expertise in streaming services like Kafka / Kinesis.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.