Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
Purpose of the Role:
• The role holder is responsible for the deployment and support of ICT solutions.
• He/she provides technical support & capable of resolving critical technical issues. This covers all areas of ICT such as systems and applications software, network services, data and systems security.
• The role holder should leverage the experience of the relevant BT wide professional communities to discharge these responsibilities, thus ensuring knowledge sharing extends beyond the functional boundary of the role.
• To provide ICT advice and/or professional services to both internal and external clients.
• Oversee office based IT Infrastructure/Comms room/Hub room etc
• Work with various Digital/ Technology teams as a part of colleague support
• Problem Management
• ITIL based Service Management
• Suggest and organize team building activities
• To input to cost/timescales solutions/options and manage expectations as appropriate with customer or business unit/LoB teams.
• Support Internal Audit Department & Security Teams to Perform regular IT audit to discover gap areas & Address them diligently to be comply with ISO controls.
• Monitor team performance and report on metrics
• Manage IT Asset Inventory & complete asset lifecyle. Controlling and verifying the inventory levels by conducting regular physical counts and reconciling with the data system
• To personally participate in and contribute to BT wide professional community activities where applicable e.g. knowledge sharing, best practice within BT and external industry.
• Delegate tasks and set deadlines
• To provide operational support ensuring KPIs and SLA are achieved.
• May lead on the delivery of specific components of a project.
• Review completed tasks to ascertain compliance with standards.
• Ensure that the company’s data and information are protected from unauthorized access.
• Carry out in-depth research to reveal new and better methods of handling functions within the department.
• To draft reports and discuss recommendations based on research with supervisor.
• Discover training needs and provide coaching
• Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
• May involve liaising with internal, external and third party suppliers.
• To use the relevant BT wide professional community framework to raise their skills and those of their team to the recommended PC standards.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
• Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision/ guidance.
• Uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and assignments.
• Determines when problems should be escalated to a higher level.
• Ability to determine the delegation to team members that report to the role.
You’ll have the following skills & experience
• Proven experience as senior IT Operation member
• Hands-on experience & through knowledge in IT Infrastructure domain
• Demonstrates competence in own area
• Ability to manage multiple technical projects
• Efficient Problem Solving skill
• Must knowledge in IT Service Management
• Applies knowledge/skills to a variety of standard day to day activities.
• Responds to client requests in non-standard situations, and investigates all the facts.
• Understands the key business drivers from technical perspective; and uses this knowledge to focus own work.
• Prioritises and organises own work to deliver to agreed deadlines.
• Able to present information clearly and in an appropriate style to make technical information clear.
• Able to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experience and ideas.
• Builds productive relationships internally and externally.
• Effective Communication Skills
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT (https://www.bt.com/careers)
How to Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Job: IT, Systems and Security
Title: Technical Support Professional
Requisition ID: 183321