Burns & McDonnell India has exciting opportunity for Senior Architect interested in growing their careers in an organization listed among top 10 mid-size Great Places to Work in India. The Mumbai office is looking for an experienced and energetic candidate to join the architectural department of our Global Facilities Global Practice to lead and support architectural design activities on projects mainly in USA. This position is responsible for providing a full range of architectural design services on various facility projects spanning Mission Critical, Manufacturing, Food & Consumer Products, Architectural and Onsite energy verticals. Demonstrate independent decision-making skills in production of construction deliverables and project execution by coordinating with consultants or client(s). The successful candidate will report to the department manager and will have the opportunity to lead the architectural team supporting projects on one of the business verticals listed above. Responsibilities: The Architect will manage project teams of architects and designers to create world class design on a variety of projects from concept design through completion of construction. Project focus would be data centers and telecommunications facilities but could include a variety of other facilities including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, manufacturing, airports, or institutional facilities in the US.
Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
1. Be a senior member of the architectural team and support the department manager in managing a team that will handle architectural design activities for projects related to couple of business verticals.
2. Manage project teams and works on a variety of design projects from conceptual design through construction administration by coordinating closely with the US client facing team.
3. Developing, modifying, and reviewing production drawings on projects.
4. Working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the architecture industry and preferably in the US.
5. Prepare client presentations, shop drawing review, and construction administration.
6. Build effective relationships with existing clients to help develop new business opportunities.
7. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction goals are met.
8. Provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to the department.
9. Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skillset:
1. Bachelor’s degree in architecture from accredited program is required.
2. A range of 6-8 years of experience.
3. Prefer previous experience on mission critical, healthcare, aerospace, military, airport, industrial and institutional facility related experience. Experience with facilities in North America will be a plus.
4. Ability to work across disciplines of Architecture, Structural, and MEP.
5. Must have ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering plans and specifications.
6. Expert software and computer skills required including AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), 3D Rendering Programs, and Microsoft Professional Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). REVIT, AutoCAD and Sketchup proficiency are mandatory
7. Registered architect with Council of Architecture in India.
8. Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills are required.
9. Familiarity with US design codes and standards.
Primary Location India-Maharashtra-Mumbai
Req ID: 222237