If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Software Engineer at Eaton India Innovation Center, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. Your essential responsibilities include:
• Engage in architecting and developing, C# .Net/WPF/MVVM based enterprise applications.
• Take lead in Build management, change management, and configuration management tools like JIRA/bamboo/Bit Bucket/SVN etc.
• Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Electrical industrial control products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrate flexibility working in parallel on multiple products.
• Develop an understanding of both technology and product concepts and articulate product and software Architecture. Ensure quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
• Experience in code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to
•Ensures compliance with CMMI ML3 process and agile ceremonies/work products, Management standards and guidelines
• Bachelor’s / Master’s in computer science / electronics/ E&TC engineering with 6+ years of experience in SW development for electrical industrial products.
• Hands-on expertise in C# .Net/WPF/MVVM based enterprise software applications.
• Hands-on experience in writing Unit Test using NUnit / MOq / etc.
• Experience in implementing Designs like SOA, etc.
• Experience in development of SOAP/REST, WCF/Web APIs services.
• Experience in working in Agile Team
• Having exposure to FDT Technology will be an added advantage.
• Experience in working on Fieldbus protocols will be added advantage.
• Hands-on experience on developing Mobile applications will be added advantage.
• Able to configure embedded software systems and develop graphical user interface (GUI) on multiple platforms such as laptop, hand-held devices or web portals that allow user-friendly (re)configuration of control systems. Should have worked with fieldbus communication protocols at application side.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication, including the ability to explain technical concepts.
• Sound Knowledge and experience with process frameworks (e.g. CMMI) including requirements management, defect tracking, build management, change management, and configuration management tools
• Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for Hardware/Software procurement, building test lab setups etc.
• Software FMEA
• Excellent communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity is required.
• Good to have experience on IoT, mobile App, web platform development.
• Good to have knowledge of FDT 3.0 framework.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-AJ1
What you will get from usEaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.