We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Data Engineer ||
Data Engineer, Delivery Engineering Platform
Delivery Engineering Platforms is part of MasterCard Data & Services group and one of the most rapidly growing organization in the space. Platform Teams provides cloud-based analytic software tools that enable large, consumer-focused businesses to seize the Big Data analytics opportunity by triangulating between business strategy, algorithmic math, and large databases to improve decisions.
100 of the largest corporations in the world uses these products. Test & Learn™ for Sites, Test & Learn™ for Customers, Test & Learn™ for Ads, and other similar products employ patented algorithms and workflow to design and interpret business experiments that evaluate, target, and refine proposed business programs
The Delivery Engineering Platform team is a core component to consulting services, managing the data acquisition, integration and transformation of client provided data within the Test & Learn platform for global engagements.
The Data Engineer will participate on data management aspects of client engagements to deliver Test & Learn solutions, as well as contribute to and foster a high performance collaborative workplace.
A Data Engineer will:
• Independently executes projects through design, implementation, automation, and maintenance of large scale enterprise ETL processes for a global client base
• Act as an expert data resource within the team
• Deliver on-time, accurate, high-value, robust data solutions across multiple clients, solutions and industry sectors
• Build trust-based working relationships with peers and clients across local and global teams
• Implement best practices and collaborate in the design of effective streamlined processes for a complex global solutions group
• Leverage industry best practices including proper use of source control, participation in code reviews, data validation and testing
• Comply and uphold all MasterCard internal policies and external regulations
All about you:
• BE/BTech in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research). ME/MTech preferred
• Excellent English quantitative, technical, and communication (oral/written) skills; is an excellent listener
• Expertise with hands-on experience with RDMS technologies, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server, the SSIS Stack and .Net; Proficiency with at least one scripting language (VB Script, Perl, Python)
• Proven self-motivated leader with experience working in teams
• Demonstrate excellent skills in the ability to innovate, think critically and disaggregate problems. Able to provide oversight, validation and quality control to own and team work product
• Able to balance multiple projects and differing project priorities
• Flexible to work with global offices across several time zones
Mastercard is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. Applicants will be considered and treated without regard to gender, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-166779