We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Database Engineer II
Provide RDBMS support for MasterCard Applications. Guides and provides direction for MasterCard’s use of best practices and application database solutions. Reviews new tools and products that assist in providing database support and services.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Leads in managing clients expectations and communicates proactively.
• Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
• Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects and leads some initiatives.
• Provide DBA suggestions and input on direction for database domain strategy.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems or equivalent experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle replication implementation (Golden Gate/DataGuard).
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle exadata administration
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle internals.
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle middleware (OEM/ODI/OWB/APEX).
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle physical database tuning.
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL tuning background.
• Working knowledge of backup/recovery using RMAN.
• Working PL/SQL coding background.
• Intermediate implementation knowledge of partitioning.
• Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software and Oracle 12C features.
• Knowledge of other database technologies, such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL, a plus.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Be able to work with team members located in multiple geographies
• Understanding of logical and physical data models.
Demonstrates an understanding of Data Architecture’s role in supporting business processes.
Demonstrates a ability to participate in cross functional teams for estimating, application designs, and implementation strategies.
Uses strong writing and verbal communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DBA’s position in support of sound database structures, data governance and other Corporate strategies.
Ability to multitask
Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167188