We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr Product Manager Technical
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility and thoughtful risk taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company the place where the best people choose to be.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join Mastercard on the global credit card authorization team. The system facilitates billions of transactions among issuers, acquirers, and service providers. Come join us!
Product Management-Technical (PM-T) are technical roles and work closely with Technical Program Managers, Software Design Engineers, User Experience, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements, the specifications, and the user experience for platform building blocks they own. Our PM-Ts use the Working Backwards process, which is all about is fleshing out the concept and achieving clarity of thought about what will ultimately be built. PM-Ts decompose the requirements into user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and defining the acceptance criteria. PM-Ts are in it for the long term, looking beyond the current project to become experts in their domain. They feed engineering a well-groomed and backlog of user stories. They encourage re-use of their building blocks, continuously innovating on behalf of internal and external customers. As new capabilities are required, they will define its place in the platform ecosystem and write / prioritize the user stories to build the new block. When commercialization opportunities are identified for their building blocks, they will tee up ideas to the product development teams for further development.
All About You
• Like to dive deep into the operational characteristics of the product
• Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
• Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across your team
• Can debate the product merits with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers to make the right trade-off decisions
• Experience in agile delivery methodologies
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Ensures features, stories, and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams using techniques like flowcharts
• Ability to lead team through elaboration sessions and soliciting input for estimation
• Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing teams while commanding the respect of the individuals on the team
• Payments domain expertise, backend transaction systems, and past software development a huge plus
• BS/MBA in related discipline
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167687