OTC Fixed Income Drafting
Division: Derivatives Operations Job Title: Operational Specialist
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Background on the Team
Since 2007 Morgan Stanley has been expanding its own fully-owned premier investment banking and sales & trading platform in India, providing a full range of investment banking, sales & trading, Equities, commodities and derivative products, as well as research services. Building on this existing platform in India, we are looking to invest in establishing a Derivative Operations division that will continue to recognize and match the global need of our clients.
A successful applicant will be part of an exciting opportunity to help onboard and manage the daily processes and work within Derivatives post trade Operations Business, specifically on drafting functions.
Scope and Purpose of the Role:
The role is within the Fixed Income OTC Confirmation area, which is part of the broader Fixed Income Derivatives group under the Derivations Operations umbrella
– Generate ISDA compliant confirmations on OTC Fixed Income executions
– Answering detailed queries on specific products including Rates, Credit, FX cash and FX Options.
– Research and resolve documentation discrepancies through proactive communication with internal partners (legal, sales, trading) and external counterparties.
– Ensure accuracy and completeness of internal confirmation records versus risk booking
– Implement and maintain stringent process controls to mitigate firm and client risk
The teams responsibilities include:
– Drafting Vanilla & Exotics OTC Derivative trade confirmations
– Issuing other critical client notifications such as Unwind notices, Knock Out notices, Call notices
– Liaising with our internal partners to ensure the firm?s regulatory obligations are met
– Miscellaneous adhoc strategic initiatives including project work and automation
The group covers a broad range of OTC products including Rates, Credit, FX cash, FX Options and numerous Exotics or Structured trades
Skills/Qualifications required (essential)
– Minimum of 3 years Banking Operations or equivalent relevant industry experience with exposure to financial products.
– Previous experience of confirmations drafting, trade support roles with exposure to trade life cycles, process flows and reconciliation with proven track record in managing and developing control functions.
– Knowledge of derivative products, settlement processes and Drafting systems (thunderhead) is preferable although training will be provided on the job.
– Minimum Bachelor or Master-s degree.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.
Title: Director – Fixed Income OTC Confirmation
Location: Non-Japan Asia-India-Maharashtra-Mumbai (MSA)
Requisition ID: 3220519