Qualcomm India Private Limited
Operations Group, Operations Group > Logistics/Traffic
Responsible for the development and/or coordination of integrated logistics strategies, including supply chain management. This includes coordinating, routing, and preparing trade documents for domestic and international shipments on behalf of an assigned business unit, project, or division. Supports and troubleshoots a variety of projects and issues on a daily basis on behalf of assigned internal customers. Might work with freight carriers, service vendors, and/or internal functional groups.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 2+ years of Logistics or related work experience.
Preferred Qua lifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
• 3+ years of customs clearance, shipment scheduling, planning, coordinating, or related work experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides logistics support, coordinates the shipment of goods, and prepares trade documents for assigned business units, projects, and divisions.
• Works with customers, third-party manufacturers, and internal teams cross-functionally to troubleshoot moderately complex shipment-related issues.
• Prepares customs clearance documents, works with broker for import filing, clears on duty exemption versus duty paid per guidelines, verifies HS (Harmonized System) codes and duty rates, approves broker filed checklist and updates LCT (Logistics Compliance Tool).
• Obtains approvals from STPI (Software Technology Parts of India)/SEZ (Special Economic Zone), Customs EPC (Export Promotion Council) for imports, exports, IUT (Inter-unit Transfer), debonding and destruction.
• Renews multiple licenses (e.g., STPI, SEZ, Customs, IEC) to ensure consistent and ongoing relationships with existing agencies; includes identifying expiration dates and initiating renewal prior to license expiration date.
• Files monthly, quarterly, and yearly returns and reports with required organizations (e.g., STPI, SEZ, and EPC) to inform import and export performance on behalf of the organization.
• Selects freight carrier based on valuation, routing protocols and carrier capabilities. Monitors freight carrier billing invoices to ensure compliance with established rates.
• Provides constructive and actionable feedback on freight supplier’s performance. Measures and monitors compliance to company policies and procedures, and ISO Shipping/Export Processes.
• Helps establish plans for regulatory requirements that affect logistics operations and collaborates with regulatory groups with minimal supervision.
• Collaborates with individuals inside own team and with other teams to complete work.
• Communicates with project lead to provide status and information about impending obstacles.
• Adapts to significant changes and setbacks in order to manage pressure and meet deadlines.
Level of Responsibility:
• Works under close supervision.
• Responsible for own work. Decision-making is limited. Impact of decisions is readily apparent. Errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
• Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
• Most tasks require multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Some creativity may be required to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
• Deductive problem solving is required to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Does not provide supervision to others.
• Does not have financial accountability.
• Has no influence over key organizational decisions.
• Does not have a role in strategic planning.
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement : https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave_ENG.pdf