Stantec is a leader in global infrastructure, water resource development, Buildings, Mining, Oil and Gas providing engineering design and remediation, construction, procurement, program management, and technology solutions for the environmental, water, wastewater, energy and power markets of the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific region. Stantec is looking for GIS Analyst with expertise in Water/Environment/Roads/Civil applications to be based in the Pune, India office.
The GIS Analyst role involves supporting the various Stantec offices globally for different projects include Database Creation, Digitization, Mapping, Geospatial Analysis, ArcGIS Online Services etc. primarily using ESRI software packages.
• Converting physical maps into a digital form for computer usage.
• Performing data conversion and cleaning to non-spatial data into its desired form.
• Ability to analyze spatial data using mapping software like ArcGIS/QGIS/MapInfo.
• Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
• Creating Geodatabase, Feature Class, and shapefile along with attribution to perform overlay analysis.
• Good understanding of Coordinate Systems/Projection Systems.
• Produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations.
• Managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
Associate GIS Analyst
• Candidate should have Degree/Diploma in Engineering or Geoinformatics or BSc/MSc Environmental Science with additional GIS Course .
• Should have minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in ArcGIS with Water/Environment/Roads/Civil application related projects.
• Experience in Automating repetitive tasks using Model Builder and experience in ArcPy scripting would be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of Remote Sensing/Satellite Image Processing would be plus.
• Strong analytical capabilities and the ability to work independently.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Commitment to safe work practices.
• International project experience will be preferred.
• Should be good team player.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: GIS
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!