Lead Software Engineer
Travel Amount Required:
Noida – India – India
Description & Qualifications
UKG Pro Time Classic is a WFM suite focused on meeting the horizontal needs of the Midmarket segment. Included there are separate modules for time management, time off, scheduling, and reporting.
Several functions we works are:
· Support several code bases from a development point of view (Angular, Type Script, Spring boot, MySQL)
· Monitor and maintain the deployed apps and our infrastructure (k8s, openstack, MySQL, RabbitMQ), together with our IaaS and PaaS partner teams
· Support the customer escalations 24/7 using on call rotations together with our existing customer support teams (Jira, Salesforce)
• Develop a good functional knowledge for your domain
• Work closely with other development teams for debugging issues, determining root causes and recommend solutions and next actions.
• Identify common knowledge gaps and work with the Product Analysts on strategies to mitigate them.
• Identify trends in customer cases/issues and recommend areas where resolutions can be automated
• Work directly with clients to resolve their technical issues and proactively communicate to keep them apprised of issue status and any commitment dates.
• Participate in cross-training to expand your technical skillset.
• The ability to clearly document and articulate the root cause of issues and resolutions to customers both verbally and written within the context of a customer service case.
• Developing software products using modelling techniques and software design patterns
• Developing web-based business applications
• Interpret informal requirement descriptions and detail them for other team members consumption
• Participate in code and design and in reviews to ensure quality and conformance to product standards
• Participate in the teams on-call rotation.
• 5-8 years’ experience as a Java (preferred) software engineer on enterprise projects
• Software development experience in a fast-paced environment, working through all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of OOP design patterns, Java, SQL, Spring framework, Hibernate, Rabbit MQ, Redis, Microservices, API, Gateway, Restful, Spring Security, Built tools like Maven, Junit, Performance testing
• Nice to have Angular and basic knowledge on Devops tools.
• Agile or Lean experience such as Kanban or Scrum Programming methodologies (preferred)
• Ability to write code and test your own work and develop automated tests
• Ability to write complex SQL queries and decipher stored procedures, triggers, scheduled jobs. Ability to identify when table indexing would benefit query performance. Ability to capture SQL traces via profiler.
• General UNIX/Linux administration experience related to server performance, management, and monitoring, managing and reviewing log files
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to communicate information effectively to customers at various organizational levels
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email [email protected]