Associate Manager, Solution Engineering – Pune, India
Are you excited by the opportunity of using your knowledge of development to lead a team to success? Would you like to be a part of great work happening in Western Union to reimagine the customer experience enabling the vision of making the cross-currency, cross-border money movement seamless for our customers? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Join Western Union as Associate Manager, Solution Engineering.
Western Union powers your pursuit.
You will be leading a team of engineers with a broad range of responsibilities including all aspects of software engineering like requirements understanding and validation, solution design, detailed design, development, testing and software configuration management. Build products, systems, and services that are optimized, well organized and maintainable, and have high impact on our end users.
• Seeking an experienced Enterprise Data Lake/Warehouse Engineer, with hands-on experience in a large scale enterprise data warehouse environment
Your primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Design, build and maintain complex data lake and warehouse while ensuring easy and secure access to data
• Develop processes for data management across the enterprise or to support specific business use cases real-time and batch
• Define and implement data security and governance to protect data from unauthorized access
• Analyze current warehouse data for data quality issues and processes for continuous improvement, data organization, accuracy and up-to-date availability of data
• Provide subject matter expert (SME) support on the different data domains across the enterprise
• Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize performance bottlenecks
• Automate processes, identify opportunities for cost savings
• Gather requirements, analyze requirements and engineer/develop an integration solution that is flexible, performant, scalable, modularized and accurately manages business data/information with high data quality and error recovery/handling techniques
• Establish and maintain comprehensive data architecture and data integration documentation, including flows, transformations aligned with core design principles, techniques, standards and best practices
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure understanding of data architecture, data ingestion/integration and BI requirements
• Scope of work includes development, testing, optimization, migration and maintenance/support tasks
•Must have strong background and competency in enterprise data lake, data warehouse, data architecture, data management and data pipelines in streaming/real-time/near real time/batch modes
•Must have technical skills: AWS S3, Snowflake, Kafka, Talend Cloud, HVR, Matillion, Unix, Java
• Secondary technical skills: AWS Services, Cloud/On-Prem Databases, SFTP
• Experience with standard security practices to encrypt / decrypt files or PII fields
• Experience in product delivery using Agile delivery method
• Experience using DevOps tools
• Good analytical and troubleshooting skills for effective problem solving. Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, understand the need for consistent process and attention to de tails
• Good communication and inter-personal skills.
We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what’s next.
Western Union is positioned to become the world’s most accessible financial services company —transforming lives and communities. We’re a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you’re ready to help drive the future of financial services, it’s time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/ .
You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few
( https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/ ). Please see the location-specific benefits below and note that your Recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
Your India specific benefits include:
Employees Provident Fund [EPF]
Annual Leave, Sick leave, Compensatory leave, and Maternity / Paternity leave
Annual Health Check up
Hospitalization Insurance Coverage (Mediclaim)
Group Life Insurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance Coverage, Business Travel Insurance
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.