Our global FORI (Finance Operations Risk Intelligence) Compliance and Governance Services team supports our Amazon Finance Operations businesses around the world. We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated and organized professional to lead and timely deliver and report on compliance related activities, for our special economic zones (SEZ) and software technologies park (STPI), in India. This role combines stakeholder management and compliance and requires the ability to quickly understand and explore various business processes, clearly communicate key findings and recommendations to our senior leadership and quickly and timely deliver bar raising compliance products, to further increase controllership.
This role will act as the primary point of contact for all compliance activities related to SEZ, STPI, customs, etc., also for the corporate real estate portfolio in India, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business.
Your deep knowledge and experience in compliance domain specific to Customs, SEZ and STPI regulation, analytical skills, business judgement, and relentless focus on our core operational inputs will make you a critical partner to all our relevant teams across Amazon, as you will help them prioritize initiatives, identify gaps in process and performance, and remove barriers to execution will result in building sustainable and scalable processes.
This individual must have a proven record of delivering results good knowledge in trade compliance, problem solving skills, vendor management, financial / operational processes and system knowledge, and a passion for customer experience.
The role will work with a cross-functional team of compliance leaders on special economic zones or free trade zones across the globe, but also with IT, accounting, business and legal teams, and closely partner with other compliance Amazon leads, driving compliance initiatives, while balancing cost and customers goals and expectations.
Key job responsibilities
Build scalable and automated mechanisms for on time filing of reports, returns, and applications & approvals for SEZ/STPI.
Setting up new/expansions units, execution of BLUT, SEZ portal administration for the units, registration process
Coordination with SEZ / STPI office
SOFTEX-FIRC Reco -Collection of FIRC (Foreign Inward Remittance Certificate) from Finance/Bank and map it with respective Export Invoice in ICEGATE
Drive 100% compliance on approvals for commencement of relevant activities or operations in each site.
Managing Freight Forwarder’s (FF’s) and Customs House Agents (CHA’s) – review of SLA’s on Quarterly Basis, managing purchase orders, invoice processing of FF’s and CHA’s.
Managing end-to-end process of scrap clearance, e-waste management in line with process (if the goods are duty free – imported/GST exemption)
Managing end-end-end process for Domestic Tariff Area Sale and Sub-Contract work of SEZ Unit
De-Bonding/DTA Sale of Capital Goods
Work with audit and inspections team (Internal/External) on STPI/SEZ matters, while making sure there is no impact to routine operations
11.Timely and efficiently inform and provide specific guidelines to relevant Amazon businesses on regulatory, operational and compliance changes
A day in the life
Being a clear and effective communicator, focused on actively listening your customers and timely delivering STPI/SEZ compliance and governance bar raising products and services which enables your customers to achieve their goals faster and, with highest standards, are key for this role. Being a great partner with all other Amazon STPI/SEZ and free trade zone compliance leader, to ensure global consistency, and being a team player are also essential for this role.
About the team
Our team’s mission is to become a center of excellence in compliance, as recognized by our internal customers and compliance teams. We’re a diverse team of subject matters experts located in, at least, 5 locations across the globe.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bangalore, KA, IND
• Post graduate from Recognized University/Institute in logistics or international business or export import with experience of 6+ yrs. in supply chain / export import / logistics / trade compliance.
• knowledge in trade documentation, logistics documents, DGFT policies and procedures, customs process, customs duties, duty exemptions and notification application.
• Should have additional knowledge of classifying (Customs tariff codes) HSN Codes.
Should have thorough knowledge of domestic and overseas supply chain management function – General Purchasing and Logistics exposure.
• Experience in Import & Export Operations and regulation connected to SEZ/STPI and other EOU programs of commerce ministry
• Good understanding of India customs, international customs standards, STPI and SEZ regulations.
• Experience of dealing with regulatory bodies and understanding of international sanctions mechanisms. Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Good sense of ownership, urgency, and drive Independent and entrepreneurial style showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Knowledge of import and Export Licenses.
Experience in handling compliances of IT/ITES sector specific to SEZ/STPI regulation
International experience at a multinational organization a plus
Experience with complex problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques a plus
Knowledge of obtaining authorizations for export of restricted goods including SCOMET items