· Plans and directs the material planning and material logistic functions to meet the facility plan objectives and satisfy customer needs. Interfaces with Operations, Business Resources, Global Purchasing, Suppliers, Logistics, Engineering and worldwide Cat facilities.
· Plans, initiates, and maintains a material procurement process that establishes and achieves the least total cost, best quality and timely delivery for facility material purchases from internal/external suppliers. Includes managing inventory and record accuracy through monitoring shortage / surplus exception, supplier follow ups, negative on-hands and daily delivery performance.
· Develops and directs internal/external material flow planning. Implements efficient supplier and interplant material supply plans. Meets production and parts requirements while optimizing inventory levels, lot sizing, lead times, packaging, and transportation costs. Provides direct support to manufacturing operations through managing incoming requirements and scheduling of production work orders.
· Minimum of 1to 2 years of Job Related experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Purchasing, Logistics, Manufacturing, or Engineering
· In-depth understanding of supply base utilization
· Strong knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
· Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and MTS systems
· Experience in Material Planning is desired
· Five to seven years of increasing responsible supply chain experience
· Knowledge and/or experience in material planning / control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).