What you’ll do:
At Eaton India Innovation Center, Electrical Sector Americas is looking for Engineering Leader to join our Residential & Wiring Devices Division! This position is based at our office in Magarpatta City, Pune. This position would lead the firmware & electronics team on wiring devices and circuit protection product line.
• Lead & execute global programs with Engineering leadership from Pune
• Lead a team of 7-15 members working on Embedded products for ES-Americas across technology domain of Embedded Firmware, Electronics hardware and System Validation
• Coach, develop and grow the next line of leaders in technical as well as people leadership path including front line managers, lead engineers & team leads
• Work with Product engineering managers to formulate roadmapping. Define clear road map for next 3 – 5 years and execute action items to mitigate identified gaps. Leverage EIIC ecosystem for development prototype validation to accelerate time to market.
• Build culture of innovation through planned events, participating in brain storming. Identify opportunities for filling disclosures and execute division goals for IP.
• Build Organization Capabilities – Hire and development plans for the talents for Residential Business.
• Should have hands on expericne of Embedded C/C++ Development with working knowledge of RTOS.
• Person should have hand on experince on safety or protection systems with exposure to relevent standards E.g. UL943, ISO26262, IEC61508
• Prior experience of working on Wiring Devices, Ground Fault protection Devices and Circuit Breaker will be desirable
As a successful incumbant you will have had significant prior leadership expertience, would need to connect with team on technical aspects with excellent foudation on embedded systems. You should have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and tasks while adapting quickly to changing priorities. You should be thriving in a growth-oriented organization
‘- Strategic ownership of embedded portfolio leading Firmware and Electronics Development Team
Coordinating development and validation toolchains with Global Cross Functional Teams
Driving continuous improvement initiatives for higher quality and productivity including but not limited to Design For Six Sigma
Drive Digital Mindest of the team by adapting contemporary tools, to improve overall productivity of the team
Collaborate between Product Team and shared COEs to deliver integrated solutions (cybersecurity, platforms, reliability, etc.)
Build a winning culture by developing next level leaders including hiring for futuristic roles, backfill of key positions, limiting turnover, focus on inclusion & diversity and career development
Minimum education for this position is a Bacholers in Electrical / Electronics/Controls/Software Engineering
Minimum 10+ years of experience in Embedded Products domain. Preferred experience in leading teams working on Embedded systems with 3+ years experience in front line leadership
“• Should have sound knowledge in Embedded systems, Protection Systems product line like motor protection, circuit protection
• Should have knowledge of Agile Based Development and managing Agile teams to drive faster product launch”
“• Strong background in DFSS with GB/BB certification
• Drive growth in respective team in terms of breadth and depth of capabilities in Embedded product development.
• Proven track record of demonstrating competencies to manage a large and diverse team in global environment .
• Digital mindset
• Drive for Result and sense of urgency