Job Description Summary
Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and/or external customers. This includes gathering and documenting requirements, building functional and technical specifications and overseeing build/test/deploy milestones to drive project delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities
Work independently, at the same time collaborating with all other roles within the team to ensure project meets organizational standards and customer needs.
In this role, you will:
• Interact with internal customers and product managers to understand customer needs and timelines
• Collaborate with development and operations teams. Support them with scope considerations and product requirements
• Demonstrate increasing understanding of project management – scope / resource / time along with risk management.
• Demonstrate superior knowledge of software development life cycles to collaborate with Build and Release teams leveraging Agile methodology.
• Ensure that releases meet quality standards and functional requirements
• Work with fellow team members and provide subject matter expertise to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions during testing cycles as well as during and after the project is deployed in production
• Show increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product
• Demonstrate awareness of industry trends and domain expertise
• Demonstrate ability to influence customers and project / product managers through persuasion and influencing
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred with 10+ years of relevant experience.
• Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles and experience with Agile methodology
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Track project/product outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
• Experience in customer engagement to facilitate requirements
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Experience on Aviation industry will be preferred.
• Influences through others; builds direct and “behind the scenes” support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
• Ensures group understanding of issues and presents rationale to affect outcomes. Resolves conflicting opinions through consensus. Uses appropriate facilitation techniques to gain agreement or move others to action
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No