We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Network Operations
• Globally partnering with our Customers to deliver world class technical support for MasterCard infrastructures and applications, enabling growth, diversification and new business generation.
• Provide 24x7x365 technical operations support for MasterCard’s global infrastructure; with focus on minimizing impact to Customers and internal users.
• Manage those who monitor the infrastructure, and be a key stakeholder in MasterCard Incident and Change Management processes.
• Regularly perform data analysis to determine MasterCard’s performance and identify areas of improvement.
• Have you worked in a control center environment?
• Do you like to triage and drive events to resolution?
• Do you like to interact with Customers, vendors, and support teams on a global scale?
• Plan, coordinate and implement change within the network environment.
• Provide business knowledge and technical support for department.
• Provide leadership, direction and supervision to staff.
• Ensure area is adequately staffed and managed; personnel have appropriate training and skills resulting in successful behaviors.
• Perform strategic planning, financial planning, administration and management of department.
• Provide technical and advisory support for staff to ensure the development and implementation of applications.
• Provide management level status reports.
• Coordinate multiple project efforts.
All about You
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• People management experience.
• Advanced-level knowledge of routing, switching, tunneling, and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
• Expert -level ability to perform post-event analysis.
• Management experience applying extended expertise of principles, theories and concepts.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with multiple functions within an organization.
• Experience in developing and managing departmental budget.
• Demonstrates the ability to function in 5 of the following disciplines: UNIX, Mainframe, Production Control, File Transfer, Single-Message, Dual-Message, or Network), and has intermediate-level understanding in at least 4 areas.
• Advanced UNIX scripting and tool monitoring, JCL, MVS, batch scheduling, knowledge of tandem technology.
• Effective problem and troubleshooting skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective organization skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-168222