We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer
Mastercard Franchise and Legal Solutions team is looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented Software Engineer at the Vadodara location to join a team that will be tasked to build a product for the Franchise and Legal business partners.
As a part of an exciting, fast-paced environment developing payment solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will develop software and deliver enhanced software solutions.
• Develop application logic for a multi-component system of applications.
• Significant code development, code review and day-to-day support duties.
• Ensure product deliverable is highly performant, responsive and of high quality.
• Deliver completed code on time and with minimal to no defects or failures.
Ensure all new logic maintains current unit test coverage standards or higher.
• Help maintain code quality and enable automation.
• Support testing resources as needed to remediate defects, answer questions, and assist with automation tasks.
• Contribute to the development of applications, components, system to system interfaces, and complete software solutions.
• Actively participate in the agile ceremonies including Daily Scrum, Story Grooming, Sprint Planning, and Retrospectives
Job Specific Experiences
• Knowledge with Pivotal Cloud Foundry or any other cloud platform is preferred but not required.
• Experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services sector is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering concepts and methodologies is required.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written and collaboration skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks, tools, and support multiple concurrent activities.
• Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment.
• Object-oriented design and programming
• Hands-on experience in Java, Spring Frameworks, Spring Boot, JPA, Hibernate, Oracle Database, PL/SQL, JDBC
• Hands-on experience in Automated Unit Testing, Component testing, and Integration Testing
• Expert in modern software design principles such as SOLID, DRY, and Single responsibility
• Proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, CI/CD, DevOps, Sonar integration
• SOAP and REST Services
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-166831