Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley’s financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. ISGPO is comprised of 5 departments: Client Operations, Trading Operations, Financing & Collateral Operations, Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) and Change the Bank (CTB).
Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations
Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) delivers the appropriate diligence and governance over the Firm?s global transaction reporting obligations. TTRO is charged with ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the Firm?s trade and transaction reporting and is comprised of teams in London, New York, Hong Kong, Glasgow and Mumbai, supported by a selection of vendors and third party service providers.
As the Centre of Excellence for Transaction Reporting, TTRO are engaged in the development of platforms and processes supporting upcoming regulatory change in a high focus, rapidly evolving environment. Supporting a broad stakeholder base, TTRO liaise with various internal and external counterparties daily, including other Operations teams, Sales and Trading, Non-Market Risk leads, Legal and Compliance teams, Information Technology, trade organisations such as ISDA, AFME and FIA, and Industry utilities such as DTCC and Unavista. The criticality of the function ensures senior management engagement and secures a high profile for those in the team.
Role Description & Responsibilities
* A line Professional Operations Specialist executes Operations processes and/or supports process management and project efforts. This individual may be part of a team of specialists operating within a region and for a particular product.
* Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of the processes, projects, systems, markets and instruments that influence their team.
* Analyzes and exposes ambiguous or complex issues, identifies root causes and proposes future actions.
* Ensures Compliance Courses and Policies are completed on a timely basis.
* May be required to build and manage relationships on a day to day level with Business Unit partners, other Morgan Stanley infrastructure departments, and external contact points in Client organizations.
Skills that You Bring
* You are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
* You actively look for new opportunities for self development and career progression.
* You show dedication to learn from experience and mistakes; actively seek out feedback and adjust behavior accordingly.
* You are aware of the long term impact of regulatory environment and market changes on the business. You make plans where appropriate to adapt control processes and procedures.
* You can identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
* You actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes.
* You combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies.
* You consistently exceed expectations and respond actively and positively to changing circumstances.
Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong dedication to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Title: Associate – Trade and Transaction Reporting – Run the Bank
Location: Non-Japan Asia-India-Maharashtra-Mumbai (MSA)
Requisition ID: 3208674