Qualcomm India Private Limited
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Handles the Configuration Management process and tools
• 10+ years experience in below areas.
• Own the Configuration Management Tools and Infrastructure
• Own the Configuration Management documents Like CMP, Configurable Items , Build Setup Guide etc
• Create tools for standardizing the configuration management process and deploy in wider team
• Work with global CM teams and Subsystem Build Managers, Provide CM to wider teams
• Participate in the CM Audits
• Establish Baselines, Create or Release Baselines
• Participate Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Automate the manual operations with Re useable tools
• Work with QA teams to prepare documents for external Automotive Specific Audits
• Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years of work experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
Good knowledge in SW CM concepts
Guide the team on the CM processes and bring back the team if the process is deviated
Hands-on experience integrating configuration management tools (scripting, plug-ins, add-ons, etc)
Hands-on experience developing/customizing configuration management tools (scripting, plug-ins, add-ons, hooks, etc)
Configuration release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
Expert in scripting languages like Python / Perl / etc..
Previous experience in Large SW stacks
Hands on experience in handling Large scale SW integration
Good understanding on in Continuous Integration and Tools
Good understanding of the SW code quality measurement tools like Coverity, TICS etc..
Basic understanding of the C Language is important
Basic knowledge in Build Automation tools like GNU Make, Ant, Maven, Gradle
Basic knowledge in GNU Make, C / C++ based product build setup and build issues debugging
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement : https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave_ENG.pdf