Qualcomm India Private Limited
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Test Engineering
As a leading technology innovator, Qualcomm pushes the boundaries of what’s possible to enable next-generation experiences and drives digital transformation to help create a smarter, connected future for all. As a Qualcomm Software Test Engineer, you will design, develop, create, and modify test cases and validate embedded software, cloud software, system algorithms, application software, automation, and/or specialized utility programs that launch cutting-edge, world class products. Qualcomm Software Test Engineers collaborate across various engineering teams and functions to design and implement test plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 1+ year of work or academic experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
• 1+ year of experience with Software Test or System Test, developing and automating test plans and/or tools (e.g., Source Code Control Systems, Continuous Integration Tools, and Bug Tracking Tools).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Applies software and systems knowledge to assist and support the design, development, creation, and modification of test cases and validation of embedded software, cloud software, system algorithms, application software, automation and/or specialized utility programs.
• Designs and implements basic test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures to identify a failure within a determined area of code.
• Writes functional tests for features to ensure functionality.
• Assists in the identification, analyses, and documentation of software defects.
• Collaborates with others inside of project team to accomplish project objectives and improve the overall quality of the product.
• Assists in the development of test case automations and/or scripts to improve productivity.
Level of Responsibility:
• Working under supervision.
• Decision-making affects direct area of work and/or work group.
• Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information.
• Tasks require multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning, problem-solving, and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively.
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification