Stantec is a global design and delivery firm, and a leader in global infrastructure, water resources, buildings, mining, power & dams, and oil & gas sectors. We provide program management and technology solutions for clients across the globe.
Stantec is looking for Revit MEP modeler and detailing designer with expertise in Revit MEP buildings applications to be based in the Pune, India office.
The Revit MEP Designer role conducts and supports the delivery of complete mechanical designs such as HVAC, Plumbing & Fire Protection system across projects in Residential, Commercial, Highrise buildings and Health Care facilities.
The successful candidate will be keen and encouraged to develop design skills in their chosen MEP field to contribute to overall project designs. This will include becoming familiar with Standards relevant to the project location (e.g., Australian, British and American Standards).
• Review the input received from client and understand the scope of work to plan work accordingly without changing design intent.
• Complete Mechanical, Plumbing & Firefighting general arrangement 3D models and drawings for plans, single line diagrams, sections, elevations in Revit/AutoCAD with minimal supervision.
• Coordination with other Disciplines Designers and Engineers as applicable.
• Coordinate with BIM/CAD Lead concerning project requirements.
• Able to work on Custom Revit families where applicable.
• Able to visualize and produce clash free 3D model using Navisworks/Revit.
• Prepare Shop/Installation Drawings based on the coordinated Model.
• Prepare Bill of Materials/Quantity Take off.
• Provide regular work status updates, including risks or concerns to Discipline Lead/Project Manager/Project Lead.
• Stay updated with relevant technical developments within the discipline.
• Improve technical knowledge under the guidance of a designated, Senior BIM Modeller or Engineer.
• Improve CAD drafting skills under the guidance of the Senior BIM Designer or BIM Designer. Bring value by meaningfully contributing to internal design team meetings.
• Proactively liaise with internal and external project team members to ensure any current information required for you to do your job is available to you.
• Manage your time and priorities on a daily basis such that time is used productively, efficiency is maximised, and challenging work goals are met. Develop a reputation for reliability and consistency.
• Attend project meetings and calls as required.
• Adhere to company QAQC process and BIM strategies.
• Complete and accept responsibility for all tasks commensurate with experience, capability and training.
Associate Building Mechanical Designer
• Engineering Diploma or ITI in Mechanical.
• Minimum 3 to 7 years of experience in Revit MEP 3D modeling detail engineering building projects.
• Experience using associated discipline software especially AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, BIM 360, ProjectWise, Dynamo
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Ability to work independently.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Commitment to safe work practices.
• Flexibility and keenness to learn new skillsets and perform new services consistent with your role to suit strategies or changing demands.
• Australian experience preferred.
• Should be good team player.
The person must necessarily have the following skills:
• Communication skills – good command of written and spoken English (the position will require a high level of interaction Stantec engineers, technical staff, project leadership (Project Managers, Project Technical Leaders) in other global offices, and on occasion end client representatives.
• Strong client service focus
• Organized work habits
• Stable career record
• Team member
• Quick learner
It is desirable that the person has the following skills:
• Able to make effective use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Drafting
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!